NCBTMB is proud to introduce the profession’s first Oncology Massage Specialty Certificate Program. This program combines superior educational programs and an assessment-based exam to empower therapists to safely work with complications of cancer and cancer treatment.
By completing an Oncology Massage Program through CATA NYC or S4OM, as well as passing the Specialty Exam, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to work safely and effectively with cancer patients and adapt for the side effects of cancer treatments ranging from medications, surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation.
The Oncology Massage Specialty Exam covers the following topics:
- Pharmacological Considerations for Oncology Massage
- Safe Massage for Oncology Patients with Lymphedema
- Assessment and Application of Oncology Massage
- Massage for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Massage for Gynecological Cancers
- Massage for Brain, Head, and Neck Cancers
- Massage for Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- HIPAA and Confidentiality
- Ethical Aspects of Care
Upon passing the Specialty Exam, therapists are provided a NCBTMB Specialty Certificate in Oncology Massage to present to key stakeholders, such as employers. The certificate arrives within 4-6 weeks following exam completion.
*Additional oncology program graduates may qualify to sit for the Specialty Exam through the NCBTMB Portfolio Review process. Use “Apply Now” to begin your application, and simply designate your training was completed with another provider and you wish to apply via Portfolio Review. Contact NCBTMB for more information or with additional questions.